steel tube Manufacturers

stainless steel dipstick tube manufacturers

Monday 1 February 2010

Warning about old steel tube type ladders

Just as I was about ready to restart work on my PDRacer, I was helping out a neighbour, when the ladder I was using snapped, and colapsed from under me.

The ladder was one of those old steel tube step / extension types ( I only weigh 99.5 kg ), both vertical tubes snapped right through, about 6 inches above the joints ( the neighbour only got it second hand last sunday ), causing me to drop straight down about 5 feet, to land on and bend one of the ladders steps about 45 degrees.

I have 2 very sore feet and ankles, according to the x-rays I have not likely broken anything except the ladder, but have soft tissue dammage to both feet and ankles, thankfully it was not worse.

This would seem a great joke ordinarily, but I am in too much pain to truly enjoy the funny side of this unlikely event, hopefully you can at least get a laugh out of this, I no doubt will at some time later.

If everything goes ok ( and if I havn't actually broken any bones, such as a hairline fracture etc. ) I should recover sufficiently in a week or two to get started again on my PDRacer.

No comments:

Post a Comment