steel tube Manufacturers

stainless steel dipstick tube manufacturers

Monday 1 February 2010

Compound Bending of Steel Tube

Tried to post this on Fabrication and Forming but it would not let me, so.

I need to form so 1-1/8 steel tube .156 wall. We have a 3 wheel roll bender. I can make rollers for this size. It will bend a nice constant radius bend of any size. I want to bend different radii at different angles.
I was thinking do the big radius on the roll former then. make a set of rolls or form dies for my Arbor press to form other bends. not sure how well twistting the tube and bending in roll former would be. I have seen movies of CNC benders making these types of bends in seconds. I would like to avoid welding about 5 or 6 segments if possible.

Tubing should be here monday.
I'm going to try it in the roll bender fisrt, attempting to simulate the CNC machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment